It has been a very sad time for my family. My Sal Long has gone to heaven to live at "Baby Jesus's House." When I heard this news I managed to make my Mommy who was very sad at the moment smile. I am not quite sure why she smiled through the tears so quickly, all that I said was, "Since Sal Long went to Baby Jesus's House - I get all her Jelly Beans, okay Mommy."
Sally L. Long, 82, of North Huntingdon, passed away Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012, at Cedars Hospice in Monroeville. She was born Jan. 5, 1930, in Greensburg. Sally graduated from Westmoreland Hospital School of Nursing. She also attended Seton Hill College, and worked as an operating room nurse in various hospitals. Sally was a member of New Hope Presbyterian Church, North Huntingdon. She is survived by her husband, Ray K. Long, of North Huntingdon. She was the loving mother of Carole Long-Huzella and husband, Thomas, of Alexandria, Va., and Scott Long, of St. Petersburg, Fla.; cherished grandmother of Mollie Huzella-Camp and husband, Benjamin; great-grandmother of Tommy Camp; and half sister of Debbie DeMarino and the late Susan Sanner. Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the JAMES W. SHIRLEY FUNERAL HOME INC., 176 Clay Pike, North Huntingdon. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday in the funeral home chapel with Pastor Janet Reid officiating. Interment will be in Brush Creek Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Cedars Hospice or The Salvation Army
Choozie bought this beautiful chest of drawers to keep of all Sal Longs treasures in. Well everything except...
HER JELLYBEANS!! Thank you so much Sal Long!!!!!!!!!
Flashback - here I am at Christmas holding onto my "Baby Seal" that Sal Long picked out for me...

and as you can see, "Baby Seal" is still my favorite today! I sleep with him every night tucked right under my arm.


1 comment:
There is nothing more precious than the love that Tommy has shown his entire life for Baby Seal. It is his eternal bond to his dear Sal Long.....along of course with the jelly beans. He is one of a kind and Choozie and I love him 24/7/365/60/60 etc...like all the time...:-)
The "pudge"
Post a Comment