Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy "almost" 5 Months Tommy!

I know I am two days early but, I felt the time was right for another "Mushy Mommy" post.

Dear Tommy,
I go back to work tomorrow and I wanted to take a moment to reflect back on the last 5 months of our lives as a family and how grateful I am to have been able to spend this much time with you. After 9 months of having you in my belly and five months of taking care of you every day...it is going to be so incredibly hard to be separated from you each day. Tommy, you have changed our lives in such an AMAZING way, it is really something that cannot be put into words. Some memories that I hold near and dear to my heart include the first night at home where Mommy could not sleep but instead, watched you sleep and miraculously still did not feel sleepy the next day at all, watching you “furrow your brow”, taking you on your first of many strolls down “bumpy” King Street, giving you your first bath and watching you scream and then grow into loving bath time, listening to you “talk” to us, watching you blow raspberries, seeing you roll over for the first time and master that to the point where you roll off your play matt and halfway out the door in a matter of a few seconds, watching you pull your knees to your chest and trying to crawl (are we even ready for this), loving your first bite of rice cereal and every bite after (other foods are coming soon, get excited), being so excited the first time you figured out how to spin your parrot on your bouncy, seeing you try to put EVERYTHING in your mouth even your own feet, your first Halloween, Plane Ride, FSU Football Game, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and so many other FIRST that are all just so AMAZING…that the list could go on and on.
For the last 5 months I have witnessed almost every second of your life and I am going to miss you more then words can say but, I look forward to your smiling face in the morning when I wake you up to start your day and then coming to pick you up at daycare and seeing your smiling face waiting for me to take you home, and rocking you to sleep at night.
Last week when you started daycare so Mommy could "emotionally prepare" I also was going to try to put a dent in the long list of all these "things" that I said..."Oh, I will do that on maternity leave." For the most part, nothing that I "planned" to do was done and for the first time in my life...looking at my unfinished "to do" list made me smile and feel a different sense of accomplishment. I knew that all those "things" did not get done because I was spending time watching you grow and loving each and every AMAZING moment. Here is a video of our time together and also a song I dedicate to you...my precious baby boy!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful video...Kleenex stock price just soared. Now we have to get our young man to focus focus and refocus his touchdown Tommy for the Super Bowl. Go Stillers Go Tommykins

The Baskette Boys! said...

What a nice note to Tommy. You have had an amazing 5 months and it only gets better!!! We miss you on Fridays already, but look forward to weekend playdates. :)

Melissa said...

jeeeeez....tommy tell your mom to make us laugh every once in a while! =)

samanthakobrin said...

Tommy you are a very lucky little boy. Your mom and dad are wonderful...and know how to make us all cry.
I can't believe how big you are getting....soon we will all visiting you when you go off to college at FSU!