Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Your First Day of Pre-School

Yet....Another Mushy Mommy Post...

Today (which happens to also be Pudgy and Choozie's 25th wedding anniversary - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!) your Daddy Pudgy and I dropped you off for you very first day of Pre-School. It was such a bitter sweet moment for your Mommy. Last night, when we were putting you to bed. You wanted to "Lay down with Mommy" as we do so many nights in your rocking chair. As we were laying there I kissed you and I said, "I love you baby boy!" you then said to me very clearly, "Mommy, I am not a baby anymore...I am a BIG BOY." Yes my Tommy Boo...you are growing up. You are no longer a baby but, you will ALWAYS be my Baby Boy.

Last night (nothing like procrastination) your Daddy and I took you shopping for school supplies at Target and then we went to dinner at Hops! When we came home I set all your stuff out and check the list to make sure we had it all. I then packed your bag for your big day.




You wanted to wear your Star Wars PJ's that you just got at Sal Long and Ray Longs house and had to have your new duckie sit with you to watch your shows. It laughs if you tickle it under its wings and you said it is your FAVORITE. You love to ask it, "What's so funny". You watched your show and looked at the book that I got you to read before bed. Going to bed was not an easy task (your schedule is off from all the excitement). But, you eventually we ready you the story and you slept all night - hopefully dreaming about all the fun you would have at school!




Here you are on your way out the door - backpack and lunchbox in hand!


Pulling into your SCHOOL!!!


So excited to go inside!


No problem jumping right in...the funny part of this Tommy Boo is that you have NEVER played with Play-Doh in our house (too messy for Mommy)...yet another reason why school is good!!!


Here is a first...you must have had such a busy and fun day that you fell asleep on your way home. You never once fell asleep after daycare!

2 comments:

Pudg and Chooz said...

Tommy the "Goose",

Your Choozie and I could not be more proud of you. Yes you are a big boy and "growing" everyday. You love to learn and if you keep it up you will become the smartest boy in the whole, big, wide world. Maybe you will be able to grow up and fix the entitlement programs and straighten out the world. Your Choozie and Pudgy will be there to help you grow up to be someone that everyone will be proud of. You are a leader and I can't wait for every new day to see what wonderful new things you will learn and teach the rest of us. Enjoy school!! We love you and wish you all the best.

The Baskette Boys! said...

Tommy, we are so excited you love your new school. Enjoy every day as you learn so many fun things and make great friends. Lots of hugs from AJ and Bry Bry!