In loving memory of my Great Nana.
I had such a wonderful time at your house this past Christmas and I was looking forward to doing it again and again in the years to come. After Christmas there were many times I told my Mommy and Daddy, "I go Great Nana's house," because I wanted to go back and have more fun with you (and see the kitty too).
You will be missed...I wish I would have had more time with you.
Vivian Kent, age 89, of Spirit Lake and formerly of Algona died on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. Memorial services will be 4:00 PM Friday at the Lentz Funeral Home of Algona, with Rev. Mr. Bill Black officiating. Burial will be in East Lawn Cemetery in Algona with Military Rites conducted by the Hagg-Turner American Legion Post #90 & VFW Post #2541 of Algona. Visitation will be 2:00 – 4:00 PM Friday at the Lentz Funeral Home in Algona.
Vivian Theressa Bakken, the daughter of Ben and Helen (Engebritson) Bakken, was born on January 17, 1922 in Bode, Iowa. She graduated from Algona High School in 1940. Vivian received her RN degree from Trinity Lutheran Hospital in Kansas City. She served as a nurse in the U.S. Army during WWII. Vivian was a First Lieutenant and helped in the evacuation of concentration camps in Evince, Austria. On February 8, 1948 Vivian was united in marriage with Fred E. Kent, Jr. in Algona, Iowa. She had been a member of the First United Methodist Church in Algona. Vivian enjoyed her pets, especially her cat in Florida CC and her cat in Iowa Roo, golfing, traveling, spending time in Okoboji and Florida, sweets and chocolates, and being with her family.
Left to cherish Vivian’s memory are her children, Bruce Kent and his wife Laure of Algona and Kristy Kent of Asheville, North Carolina; five grandchildren, Chad Camp of Tallahassee, FL, Ben Camp of Alexandria, VA, Tim Camp of Asheville, NC, Wade Kent of Woodbury, MN and Alexa Kent of Algona; two great grandchildren; and two step great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Fred in 1997; a sister, Arla Cowan; and a niece, Mary Cowan.

2 comments:
Lovely Pictures and our thought and prayers go out to "Great Nana". The Dear Lord has lifted her from her bondage here on earth. She is united in Heaven with her family, friends and loved ones. God's shining light is making her glow as Heaven's newest soul. She will be missed and we heard that Tommy was actually almost leading the church services.
Pudgy & Choozie
Thank you Tommy, Great Nana will miss you too.
Hugs and Kisses~ Nana Banana
Post a Comment