Tomorrow is your last day at day-care (AKA - "Amma's House") and it feels like JUST YESTERDAY that I dropped you off there for the first time before I went back to work after my maternity leave. As you have been learning the days of the week and the months of the year we also have counted days and weekends in the form of "Amma's Houses" equaling weekdays and "Pancakes" equaling weekend days. Well, tomorrow is your LAST Amma's House. It is very hard for me to express the overwhelming feeling I had on my way home from work today ("Mommy on the Metro") when I thought about writing this post. I am so very excited for you to move on from day-care and start a new chapter of your life at your very amazing Pre-School where I know you will learn SO MUCH. But, the Mommy in me worries about my boy that is so much like his Type "A" Mommy that follows a routine. My boy that closes the doors that are supposed to be closed, my boy that tells me when I forget to lock the child lock that is supposed to be locked, that asks me "Mommy, where is your wine" when I am not having a glass with my dinner (is that good???), or my boy that took what seems like FOREVER to use the potty because you thought the "routine" was to pee-pee and poo-poo in your diaper and Mommy had to "CHANGE IT". Will you be OKAY? I know you have said so many times that you WANT to go to "cool" AKA - school but, after a few days...will you miss Amma's House and want to go back?? I know you are the oldest (the ELDER) kiddo at day-care and it is time for you to move on but, I still worry...it is my job to worry! So, I have the day off work tomorrow and I am going to go with you to Amma's house and bring cake, decorations, and favors to throw a little party. Not only to celebrate your last day there but Saturday is also your THIRD birthday, which of course, is going to generate much more mush.
Flashback
Amma's House - On your first day!
Here you are - with Mommy's friend from work, Shaily's, Mom (Auntie as you called her)...I felt secure with you being in good hands each and every day. It was nice to know that the wonderful friend I had made at work's Mommy and her friend Amma were watching you. I was blessed to have found such great care for you.
Tommy, you have grown so much over the last 3 years....a lot of which was spent at Amma's house. I remember the first time I heard you sing your ABC's. I was amazed...and then I thought, wow I did not teach you that. Well, that you learned at Amma's house. I also remember the day that you were laying next to me on a lazy weekend morning in bed. I told you I loved you and you said, "I love you too Mommy, we are FAMILY." This, you also learned at Amma's - via Barney but, still at Amma's house. It was one of the most AMAZING moments of my entire life.
So tomorrow, I will take you to your LAST Amma's house and you will play with your friends just like you do each and every day. I will then come there at 3pm with a cake and favors to have an early Birthday Party with your friends and also celebrate your last day there. I will probably cry, I am sorry in advance.
I am sure you will do as you always do, you will amaze me and be brilliant - be perfect - and have not a care in the world!
If you get sad...and you miss Amma's house, I promise you, I will take you back for a visit.
We will NEVER fogret the wonderful place that you have spent so many days of you life...(so far). Thank you Amma and Thank you Auntie!!! The Camp Family is so grateful for the wonderful care you gave to our son...Tommy Boo!!
UPDATE: Here are some pictures from the festivities at Amma's House - Birthday cake number 2 for the week. I love that my son has a birthday week just like his Mommy!
For this party we had a little "Cars" theme. All the kids got blowouts, stickers, treats and cake.
Amma, Tommy and his little friend Hannah
Eating his cake with Hannah.
Linden, Tommy and Peyton. Amma tells me that these are your best friends at her house.
Miss Linden!
Saying goodbye to Peyton - tear...sniff...

1 comment:
ok...this made me cry--happy tears. (which shouldn't be a surprise) He is such a big boy! Happy almost 3rd birthday Tommy!!
Post a Comment